Re: [Denemo-devel] Export .png is broken

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Export .png is broken
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 10:32:12 +0000

That's great, once you have a strategy you can resurrect .pdf export
too. I don't know what approach you want to take, I can think of two.
      * add a parameter to the current routines that (eventually) run
        lilypond to specify the output file name. The user won't know
        when the export is complete (ie when their new .png or .pdf file
        is ready). This would require a wait-on-pid to be put into the
        code.
      * use the (current?) method of writing the output to
        ~/.denemo/denemoprint.png or .pdf and copying to the final
        destination but waiting for completion.
The second one could easily lead us into a long battle to get it working
on windows, so the first sounds better to me. Or some much better idea
altogether.
Richard