[Denemo-devel] 1) selecting with keyboard 2) swing notes

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] 1) selecting with keyboard 2) swing notes
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 10:09:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello, all

i'm a total newcomer. I have searched through the documentation and the mailing lists, without finding the answers

1) Currently, do I **have** to use the mouse, to select notes?  Shift+arrow_(left/right) does not seem to be doing anything (unassigned key combo that could conveniently be assigned the selection function?); it seems intuitive to use that key combinations (arrows) to select, forward or backwards. It is easier and faster to stay continuously on the keyboard rather than interrupting one's typing and having to use the mouse.

2) what is the best way to represent swing notes? ... is my only option to use 12/8 time signature in place of 4/4?This may be a question broader than just denemo scope, but still related to denemo, it seems.

A youtube demo shows a dialog whereby you select your level -- beginner, compose/arranger, etc. This dialog does not pop up for me on first run, and I can't find a way to invoke it in the menus (preferences).

Again, I'm a complete newbie, and have not exhaustively done my RTFM... my initial reaction is that denemo completely and utterly ROCKS... but it would be perfect if I can select without using the mouse.  Also change note pitch by using arrow (maybe shift+arrow_up ?)... please don't bash me... at worst I am presenting newbie, FIRST-GLANCE, feedback on the degree of intuitiveness of the interface...

thanks in advance (and thanks for the awesome app)