Re: [Denemo-devel] Strange things in Denemo

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Strange things in Denemo
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 13:31:47 -0500 (EST)

On January 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM Nils Gey <address@hidden> wrote:

> Richard:
> The stem directices do not get saved.
>
> This does not explain vanishing upbeat and midi directives which happened
> without reloading! In fact I did reload and noticed that the stems/voices are
> wrong because the other directives disappeared. At least not directly, maybe
> it is related.

Well, FWIW, since yesterday I've been compiling a list of observations,
perceived bugs, feature wishes, tweak requests, etc.

a-hem... it's gotten a bit long (the list) :-)) . Can I post it here, or --
Niels, should I send it to you only?

in the mean time, one of the things on my list may be related to this new
concern of yours:

In the version I downloaded yesterday (0.8.22), I assigned MIDI voices (program)
to my five staves, and heard the correct midi rendering for each instrument.
 Until I closed and reopened my file. After that, except for the one percussion
staff, they all sound like the default piano (program 0?), and I haven't found a
way to correct this.  The previously assigned various instruments APPEAR TO BE
THERE STILL, in the settings (Staff/Voices -> Staff Properties -> MIDI);
however, they are not rendered as such, on playback.

thanks.