[Denemo-devel] Lyimport filename

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Lyimport filename
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 20:55:25 +0100

I just checked in a change to lyimport:
It creates a new tab to import to. I did this as first step in denemo.scm
(define (lyimport::load-file pathname filename)
This prevents adding lilypond data to the existing tab and I would describe a
new tab as expected behaviour.

But I see that the filename is still used for the tab where you called the open
procedure. I cannot spot this action in Scheme so I think its in C.

But this leads to a more general question.
All file-types except .denemo should move into an import menu, like save
outsourced most of its types to export.
Denemo should look not for only one filetype in import but have something like
"All supported filetypes".

The reason is not only cosmetical!
The main difference is that if you open a .denemo file, change and save it will
overwrite the existing file. This is of course as it should be.
But in the case of lilypond, midi etc. we have data loss and transformations.
The current situation would overwrite the imported file as .ly.

I suggest:
-Create new "Import" menu which has all file types except .denemo in there.
-All supported import types are shown by default
-Important: The new data should be in a new tab which is unnamed so that you
can save as any name and .denemo how you like it.

Nils