Re: [Denemo-devel] Export .png is broken

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Export .png is broken
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:51:18 -0600

On Jan 18, 2011, at 4:01 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 15:37 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
Can someone confirm for me what happens when I make a selection of the
music and then do a print. I am noticing when I do this only the
selection is printed. Is this a bug or a new feature? Perhaps it is
just
something I changed inadvertently.
What happens if you hit print(preview) when a selection is present is
you get a dialog asking if you want to print just the selection or the
whole file.
This was me being too clever and then not investing enough time to make "print selection" into a separate command. There is a danger if you try to print a selection that there may be an unterminated command in there
- a script could make a better job of doing that. I don't mind if you
retire this feature.

Ok. Since exportlilypond is sensitive to selection should I write something to save the selection, print, then reinstate the selection? Is unselecting all good enough?

I like the idea of a script checking to see if everything is terminated. Would this call be a call out to guile from c or would it somehow be better if the entire printing process be scripted? The only thing done in c would be exportlily. Is there a need for that much flexibility?

Did we at one time have a way to do save png files by selecting from the print preview pane and then selecting save somewhere. Maybe I immagined that. I just thought that that could replace the print excerpt if so.