[Denemo-devel] Re: Denemo View

From: Daniel Wilckens
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Denemo View
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:28:34 -0500

Hi Nils,

Nils, I was really happy to see your latest post.  I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY:

This means: Draw the movement completely (optimisation of course possible!)
with a zoom factor, scrollbars and mouse wheel move the viewport, not the
cursor. ...
Half of the time you can't see the lowest staff (this
is a problem since I now Denemo),...

Denemo is great in so many ways, but the view quirks you mentioned
really are a detraction and probably the single biggest problem that
would deter potential users.  You really hit the nail on the head!

I had actually posted a similar idea a few weeks ago, as a comment to
bug #31557, with a guess as to how to implement it, but didn't hear any
response so I figured it wasn't a priority.  That combined with the fact
that I really couldn't offer to help, I decided to just drop it.

Please, when you guys get to this, I hope you'll make the default font
(which shows bar numbers, and directive text) much bigger, because it
can be extremely hard to read unless you're really zoomed in.

Thanks for your work,
Dan