[Denemo-devel] [bug #32342] d-GoToPosition - bugs and problems because i

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #32342] d-GoToPosition - bugs and problems because it guesses the next best position
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 19:47:28 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

d-GoToPosition should not try to be smart and guessing but rather be exact:

If you do
(d-GoToPosition #f (1+ (d-GetStaff)) #f #f)
which is the same as
(d-GoToPosition (d-GetMovement) (1+ (d-GetStaff) (d-GetMeasure)
(d-GetHorizontalPosition))

it goes down one staff but remains on the horizontal position which would be
a nice default behavior for our current "Staff Down" keys.
However:

If there is no such measure (unequal staff length) the next left measure is
taken and #t is returned.
I think there should be no movement in this case. If the exact position
cannot be reached d-GoToPosition should refuse to work.

HoritontalPosition not existent is related. The cursor jumps to the first
position in the target-measure, but this times returns #f.

If we want smart, guessing command we should script them. I consider the
current situation as bugs.

Related, but solved after changing the above:
If you GoTo a horizontal position 3 (or any other) to where no such position
exists the cursor will jump to the first object in that measure and the
statusbar tells you you are on position 3.
MoveCursorLeft (the left arrow key) is then deactivated, but not
MoveCursorRight. Once you go right and left again a few times you can move
freely.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32342>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/