[Denemo-devel] Re: String Numbers

From: Ken Restivo
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: String Numbers
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 22:19:45 -0800

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:10:44PM +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Now in git: String numbers.
>
> Its the same system as fingerings, split etc:
>
> From the menu (Notes->Markings->Strings->String Numbers) you get a GUI.
> If you press the shortcut (Alt+n in composer mode):
> 1) followed by a number key to attach a string number directly
> 2) followed by Space to get the GUI again.
> 3) followed by Enter to rebind the number keys with string
> numbering until you press Escape.

Thanks!

> The (Lilypond-) string numbers are only valid for one note. For tabs
> this means that lilypond does not calculate from the last given string
> but returns to the usual counting which is likely to fail.

I'm not sure I understand what this means. What will fail?

I was just looking for a way to place a note on a given string in the tab
printout.

> Tommorow I'll make the Denemo command to give a fret offset, speaking
> from a guitar point of view: move the entire hand to establish a "base
> fret".

That might make life a lot easier, if it works, just to pick a position and let
the software figure out what strings. But what if the software gets it wrong
and it needs to be manually changed?

-ken