[Denemo-devel] [bug #32600] Tempo notation produces broken PDF

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #32600] Tempo notation produces broken PDF
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 20:27:53 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #32600 (project denemo):

That code was the best I could figure out at the time to give users of 2.10.xx
something halfway decent.  I figured most folks would be moving on to 2.12
soon, so I didn't really wrack my brain about it.

If you'd like to fix your score right away, start with this syntax:

s8*0^markup bold { Presto (smaller general-align #Y #DOWN note #"4" #.75
=168)} once override Score.MetronomeMark #'transparent = ##t
 tempo 4=168

Paste this into the Postfix field of the denemo directive of the existing
tempo directive.  Obviously, the Presto and 168 should be changed to whatever
your Tempo indication and BPM would be.  The

note #"4"

says to print a quarter note (the .75 says use 75% of an upward stem).  To get
a dotted eighth, change it to

note #"8."

etc.  The general-align makes it line up a bit better than it otherwise would
have.  The override makes the metronome mark that follows the text NOT print.
(We are completely bypassing the lilypond built-in metronome mark printing;
you could omit everything from the word once onward if you don't care about
lilypond generating a midi file for you.)
I don't have time to update the script at this moment, but I have tested the
above syntax and it works well in my opinion.

-Dan W.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32600>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/