Re: [Denemo-devel] LilyPond Import failure

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] LilyPond Import failure
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:23:40 +0000

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 10:42 +0100, Krzysztof Kubiszyn wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed Denemo 0.8.23 on Windows (BTW it's v. cool app).
> I've tested the "import Lilypond" (even exported from Denemo)
Some LilyPond files will import, but as you have found import of
Denemo's own .ly is broken - this is because of the line

neohead = \once \override Voice.NoteHead #'style = #'neomensural

which it can't manage to import. You don't need this line, and it
shouldn't really be there except for those that are using Breve etc.

> and "paste
> Lilypond notes", and it doesn't work.
> When you try to paste Lilypond from clippord, even a single note, after
> the "paste this music..." question - if you answer "yes" - an empty
> space is appended, and that's all. If you answer "no" - an additional
> score is left with two staves, and three voices in it. Your Lilypond
> notes is in third voice (and I can't copy and paste it as well).
Yes  - it is rather broken, as you say the notes are present but in the
second voice on the second staff, all the others being empty. So that
makes it difficult to copy and paste since you have to get to the right
voice first and then do the copy and paste. The "paste this music..."
question is not working because it, too, has failed to select the music
you want.

> Is it configuration issue or it's not fully implemented yet?
So I am sorry to say it is down to us to fix...
Richard