Re: [Denemo-devel] GSoC proposal to improve MIDI and audio capabilities

From: Dominic Sacré
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] GSoC proposal to improve MIDI and audio capabilities
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:45:30 +0200

Hi Philipp,

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 3:06 AM, Philipp Überbacher
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> I've submitted a Summer of Code proposal that is more or less based on
>> the suggested task to "Make midi/audio output realtime-capable", but
>> goes quite a bit further than that:
>>
>> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/domi/1
>
> I too have submitted an application. I did stick with the idea as
> proposed by the Denemo team which focuses on what's most urgently
> needed. The overall scope of my proposal is smaller but my assessment
> of the problem is also different from yours.
> Feel free to have a look:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/murks/1

Thanks! I knew about Denemo's realtime issues, but I wasn't aware of
delays and/or jitter as bad as you describe it in your proposal. Does
this only happen when using JACK for audio output?

It's too bad Google doesn't allow two students to work together on a
project. My proposal may be ambitious for three months, but six
man-months would be perfect...

Cheers,

Dominic