Re: [Denemo-devel] OSX hardwired paths

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] OSX hardwired paths
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:15:51 +0200

I just read this a second time

(19:58) ( rshann) Shall I check in code that tests for this - and what path
should be used - ie where will we tell OSX to install denemo?

Just to be sure: There is no install. The user gets a directory with a specific
file structure and a metadata file. This directoy is an "app bundle" and the
metadata file says where the binary is. IN reality its just dirs and files, but
for OSX users its looks like this one dir is in fact the software itself (it
has an icon of its own etc.).

You can move this app bundle around and doubleclick whereever you want, it does
not install anything.

Nils