[Denemo-devel] [bug #33468] Save As instead of Save when you try to exit

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #33468] Save As instead of Save when you try to exit on modified score
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 17:11:31 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #33468 (project denemo):

No, it wasn't me. It was the programmer that did the patch to support his gsoc
application IIRC. I recall being surprised by it.
Yes, you could drop the Save As option, as it doesn't have much use.
Un-requested save to your original file sounds terrible - I often use some
previous thing as a basis for something new and forget to change the name for
the first half-hour - dangerous as you can easily save it forgetting that you
have not declared the new name.
Anyway, as this dialog persisted for 10 years in the most appalling state I
would guess there is no real appetite for further change.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33468>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/