Re: [Denemo-devel] Whole Measure Rests

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Whole Measure Rests
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:01:02 +0100

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 19:53 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> I have reverted to the .png for this, as the .svg drawing gives severe
> performance issues. Note, there is no reason for the staff lines being
> included in this .png  - it is just a snapshot from a LilyPond score.
Actually these changes break other stuff - I am not sure, but I think we
may need to use objects of type CHORD for anything which has a musical
duration.
 There is already a bug report about Multi-measure rests in this
respect, both versions break things like chord symbols, bass figures
(and lyrics?)
So I've reverted it; as it stands it is breaking bass figures and
perhaps other things.  Also note the display will not align a standalone
object with notes on the staff below. It may be that the changed version
just needs tweaking to replace standalone objects with CHORD objects,
but I am not sure what the new features were (apart from the .svg which
is not yet usable).