[Denemo-devel] Denemo.ttf

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Denemo.ttf
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 18:32:16 +0100

Jeremiah - I have your latest Denemo.ttf displaying, but by default it
seems that the FreeSerif.ttf is being found, so we may have to make
Denemo.ttf the default font.
To do this you activate the following code (in view.c, currently only
used for windows)
  GtkSettings *settings = gtk_settings_get_default( );
  gtk_settings_set_string_property(settings, "gtk-font-name" , "Denemo
9", "denemo");

Experimenting with the font size and comparing with the previous default
it would seem that despite your best efforts the music symbols have
pushed up the effective font size a bit. I am not sure how you know
(inside fontforge) when you are exceeding the font height.
As a small tweak, I think the whole-note and half-note rests should be
made wider, so that the staff line that shows the difference is more
visible.

Good work!