Re: [Denemo-devel] ornaments

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] ornaments
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:32:49 +0100

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 20:47 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> are you aware that I have all Lilypond ornaments and similar directives ready
> as scheme scripts here on my computer?
> I wrote a mail about this some weeks ago. Then I had to wait that the
> svg/font problems needed solving.
Ah, right - I had forgotten.

> So don't do any double work here, I just need to get the Denemo graphics
> right (I saw the example in git)
Well, there is still the problem of naming the utf-8 codes; it occurred
to me overnight that I could write a routine to output a set of scheme
definitions by using cairo to query the font (I think you can ask cairo
for the name of a given glyph in a given font, and I now know where the
unicode blocks that emmentaler uses are, thanks to the fontforge
Elements->Font Info->Unicode Ranges feature, U+E000 to U+F8FF and I
think glib has something to generate the utf8 string from the unicode
one). In the course of all this I noticed that the LilyPond sources
mention feta and parmesan but not emmentaler so perhaps things have
already moved on... Using the routine would future proof us somewhat.

Richard