Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 0.9.2

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 0.9.2
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 20:20:05 +0100

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 13:56 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 04:28 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I think we should create a branch for release 0.9.2 now (or at most
> > after any scripting stuff already to go in). After a few days testing I
> > think we should then upload and announce it, even if we are only able to
> > offer somewhat-broken or no windows binary.
> >
> > Please comment if this is a bad time for you to be
> > testing/branching/uploading etc.
>
> This is a good time for me to do some testing. I assume this in not
> including the SOC stuff. We are merging the SOC stuff for next release?
There is quite a bit to do with the soc branch before we get the same
features as on the master branch available. But we have over four months
of work not released. The new features that have been logged are these:
(sorry, the indentation has been removed in the list below)
Score checking
Performed automatically before printing (optional)
Under/Overfull measures
Unterminated tuplets
Miss-matched slurs.
Pitch Spelling
Performed live on MIDI entry
Colors intervals that may be enharmonic spelling mistakes with a different
timbre
Enter accidental before or after note
Change a note to one of its enharmonic variants. Same absolute pitch (in Equal
Temperament).
Change the duration of single notes in a chord to create single-voice polyphony
Vertical Rest Positioning (for polyphony)
Grace Notes that come after rather than before the main note.
Improved display of under/overfull measures
Display shows if there are measures before/after those on screen and provides
buttons to navigate
Better beaming control.
Arbitrary Dynamics text.
New Denemo fonts
Denemo's own font now uses standard unicode font symbols
LilyPond font accessible to scripts
Improved display of entered music, help texts etc.
Simpler scripting to display any LilyPond feature.
Thumbnails for .denemo files in file open dialog and for your Window Manager
Thumbnail shows a selection of your choice as finally typeset.
Default thumbnail is first three measures
Import images of scores for transcription
Scores captured bar-by-bar into Denemo, displayed directly underneath the bar
they relate to.
Editorial decisions/errors can easily be checked
Bug Fixes
Vertical scrolling (a long-standing bug fixed at last)
Bookmark searching
Nested tuplet display
Redo crashes

I think we can't just sit on this stuff forever just because gub does
not work.

Richard