Re: [Denemo-devel] Rest Collision

From: Josue Abarca
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Rest Collision
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:52:10 -0600

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:22:46AM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> This LilyPond example generates a collision on my LilyPond 2.12.3
> version
> It still does even if you tell it about the voices:
>
> \score {
> \new Staff
> << \new Voice {\voiceOne g'1}
> \new Voice {\voiceOne e'2\rest d'}
> \new Voice {\voiceTwo c'1}
> >>
> }

Testing with:
\score {
  \new Staff
  << \new Voice = "first"
     {\voiceOne g'1 }
     \new Voice = "second"
     {\voiceTwo e'2\rest d'}
     \new Voice = "third"
     {\voiceThree c'1 }

  }

In lilypond 2.14.2-2+b1 (in Debian Sid) I get:
http://jmaslibre.org/debian/denemo/reference/rest-collision.pdf

> If anyone has a more recent LilyPond they can test it on or any
> suggestion how the rest can be offset a bit I would love to know. In the
> example I have put on denemo.org http://www.denemo.org/dl25 I tended to
> get LilyPond offsetting the notes but not the rests. I have put
> the .denemo source http://www.denemo.org/dl24 up too, so if you have a
> later LilyPond version you could try typesetting it to see if this is an
> already fixed problem.
> Otherwise, I will raise the issue with the LilyPond guys.
>
> Richard

I was trying to use "the .denemo source http://www.denemo.org/dl24";
but after opening it in denemo (0.9.2) and try to typesetting it I get
this error: "LilyPond engraver failed".

Cheers.

--
Josué M. Abarca S.