Re: [Denemo-devel] PDF window

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] PDF window
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 07:23:52 -0500

On 10/23/2011 03:49 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
It will not compile for ubuntu users, debian sid, and probably other
distro's because they use libevince-3 only (no libevince 2.30 on
ubuntu). We are unable to compile with evince-3.0 or above at this time
because it depends on gtk-3. I tried this already.  I think we should
wait until we begin migrating to gtk-3. We will have to maintain gtk-2
and evince-2.30 support until gtk-3 and evince-3 is available in debian
stable. Once we have denemo able compile with gtk-3 and evince-3.0 we
can provide a switch like ./configure --with-gtk3 (if we can't have
./configure determine this itself). Sorry long story short...I don't
think we are ready. I hope this email makes sense. I have been
interrupted about five times for each sentence written.
That's fine. What you have written makes perfect sense, is it also the
case that I can't work on gtk3 support using the current Debian stable?
There appear to be no gtk3 packages there. I am not sure how to go on...

I will do the api update. I have made some progress on it already. It seems that much of the gdk stuff is beeing fazed out in favor of cairo. This will help out the Mac os X build also because there is minimal support for gdk stuff while there is cairo support. I will keep you updated of progress or lack of.