Re: [Denemo-devel] PDF window

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] PDF window
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:37:32 +0100

On Sun, 2011-10-23 at 07:23 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 10/23/2011 03:49 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > It will not compile for ubuntu users, debian sid, and probably other
> > distro's because they use libevince-3 only (no libevince 2.30 on
> > ubuntu). We are unable to compile with evince-3.0 or above at this time
> > because it depends on gtk-3. I tried this already.  I think we should
> > wait until we begin migrating to gtk-3. We will have to maintain gtk-2
> > and evince-2.30 support until gtk-3 and evince-3 is available in debian
> > stable. Once we have denemo able compile with gtk-3 and evince-3.0 we
> > can provide a switch like ./configure --with-gtk3 (if we can't have
> > ./configure determine this itself). Sorry long story short...I don't
> > think we are ready. I hope this email makes sense. I have been
> > interrupted about five times for each sentence written.
> > That's fine. What you have written makes perfect sense, is it also the
> > case that I can't work on gtk3 support using the current Debian stable?
> > There appear to be no gtk3 packages there. I am not sure how to go on...
>
> I will do the api update. I have made some progress on it already. It
> seems that much of the gdk stuff is beeing fazed out in favor of cairo.

That's great. I think there are quite a bit of gdk drawing bits that are
actually just debris - I recently deleted gcs.c (hmm, well, I made it
entirely redundant, but it seems I didn't go through the make file stuff
so it is still there.)
So I think I could be very useful to you if I knew what the problem code
was. So, if you like, post up the problematic code and I can give an
opinion on whether it is needed, or if we can just delete it.

Richard