Re: [Denemo-devel] GTK3 branch was Re: Playback "cursor", aka playhead

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] GTK3 branch was Re: Playback "cursor", aka playhead
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:28:10 +0000

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 11:52 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> I haven't looked at the DenemoGraphic stuff yet.

I have looked at the .png graphics in the gtk3 branch, they are all
displaying as black rectangles. I think we should drop them now in favor
of svg graphics. I have removed the scaling and origin shifting of these
and fixed the type (DENMO_PATTERN), and tested with a 40x40 .svg which
happened to have already and it seems to be working fine (specifically
it does not cause the drawing to grind to a halt).
This will mean a volunteer to create .svg images for what are
current .png in actions/bitmaps
The important ones for me are the repeat bars, first/second time bars,
some of the others could be replaced by glyphs from the fonts we have
available (e.g. rehearsal mark is just a large bold capital A)

The alternative is some work to get the bitmaps drawing, but it needs a
cairo guru for that I guess. It is probably just a one or two word
incantation, using the surface as a mask or some such...