Re: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4 TODO

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4 TODO
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:57:15 +0000

On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 13:57 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 01/09/2012 01:16 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Sun, 2012-01-08 at 09:43 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >> A few things are now broken when I modified print.c. Some of them are
> >> print excerpt, print from lilypond window, print selection, and print
> >> part. How do I get the typeset window to display an specified pdf. Is
> >> there a function for this somewhere or dhould there be one created?
> > I have changed the print preview again - it turns out we cannot change
> > what the action PrintPreview does because scripts depend on it. I have
> > created a new command which does a conventional "Print Preview" action
> > and put that in the toolbar and menu system - the original command still
> > exists and does what it always did.
> > There remains two problems:
> >        * The first (not related to this work) is that Print Excerpt is
> >          corrupting the filename denemoprint.pdf (or memory in general I
> >          am not sure, nothing much works after trying it). This problem
> >          was already present some time ago (is it in the last release
> >          perhaps?).
> There was a char* declared static inside a function. This was later
> exported. I removed the static declaration and it seems to have fixed
> the print excerpt.
>
> >        * The other is the re-sync of the print preview window - it does
> >          not always know it needs to re-typeset when it does. I'll look
> >          into this.
> >
> > Can you rescue Print Excerpt (if it is still needed).
> I tested it. It is now working again. Would it be better if print
> excerpt was scripted rather than written in c?
Well, I confess I don't know what PrintExcerpt is (is it different from
Print Selection?). But, yes, the whole print system needs overhauling in
the direction of script-based routines.
      * the LilyPond window should be a single, always-existing, window
        that just hides on the destroy signal
      * the print view window should acquire a widget to specify what to
        print (one movement, all movements, reduced score, last n
        measures, single part ....) and this should persist as you edit
      * the built-in complication of generating the LilyPond that has to
        do with parts, movements abd selections can be dropped.
      * non evince widget printing can continue to be external viewer
        (png ... ) or perhaps we should be content to just offer export?
But this should be after the release - real question at present is are
there serious problems with printing still or is it all working in a
reasonably obvious way?

Richard