Re: [Denemo-devel] "sync-source"

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] "sync-source"
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:10:21 -0500

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 08:19:44PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> Jeremiah,
>
> if you can build master for gtk3 could you look for an error message on
> startup about the "sync-source" signal?
>
> signal `sync-source' is invalid for instance `0x8ba75a8'

I did not get this error.

> I have put g_print statements around the attempt to connect to this
> signal on the libevince widget.
>
> If you do not see it, can you attempt to trigger the signal by changing
> the denemoprint.pdf file (its in a subdirectory of the /tmp dir)?

I changed the denemoprint.pdf but I still did not get the error. The print view
did not show anything after trying to refresh (after denemoprint.pdf was
changed). It did not show any music at all.

> If you do manage to trigger the signal you will see a message from my
> handler for the signal
>
> "Sync Signal Callback! Please report how you got this to fire\n"

I have so far been unsuccessful at getting this to fire.

> the documentation is non-existent but I guess it may fire if the file
> that backs the print view window is changed - or perhaps doing other
> things in the print view window.

I will try some more.

> With the libevince that I have the signal is not there (I looked in the
> source code) so it must have been introduced more recently.

Did you revert the change that made print view be the window for print preview?
When I select print preview the pdf viewer is launched.