[Denemo-devel] New user

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Subject: [Denemo-devel] New user
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 19:54:58 +0100

Hi, all!

Just introducing myself...

I've been running Denemo here since I discovered it a couple of days
ago, under NetBSD, using JACK to couple it with the jack-keyboard
application for input, and the excellent Bristol software synthesizers
for output.  The next step will be to write a program to interface
NetBSD raw MIDI devices to JACK, so that I can actually use my synths (a
Korg Poly-800 upgraded to a HAWK-800, and a Moog Minimoog Voyager) to
play with Denemo.  The goal is to learn to play keyboard instruments,
while having fun composing and arranging music.

Thanks for a really nice piece of software!  This'll be great fun!

I had to do some debugging to get Denemo to work for me with JACK, and
I'll be sending a writeup of some changes I had to make, next.

-tih
--
"The market" is a bunch of 28-year-olds who don't know anything. --Paul Krugman