[Denemo-devel] [bug #35529] gui and menu become unresponsive with jack+f

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #35529] gui and menu become unresponsive with jack+fluidsynth
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:35:56 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #35529 (project denemo):

I think this is perhaps related to the cpu hogging I am seeing. When I run
strace -p pid on a denemo that is hogging the cpu I get this:

read(3, 0x9c17fa0, 4096)                = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily
unavailable)

repeatedly. File descriptor 3 would seem to be something to do with gtk's
interaction with (?) X as early on in the boot it writes "XKEYBOARD" to that
fd, along with MIT_MAGIC_COOKIE and much else...

I do not get cpu hogging with earlier versions of the soc branch, but I have
noticed that even later versions can on rare occasion(s?) run without hogging
cpu.

I think this will be down to a threading issue with gdk (see
gdk_threads_enter() etc).

If you can get your bug to show again find the pid of denemo (ps command) and
then run strace -p pid and see what it is doing.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35529>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/