Re: [Denemo-devel] testing denemo 0.9.4

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] testing denemo 0.9.4
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:41:29 +0000

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 08:55 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 03/01/2012 02:33 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Jeremiah - did this appear on the m/l (and/or did you get to see it?)
>
> I did not see anything from you. I only saw the email that I sent and
> the reply you made to this email with thread named:
>
> [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4rc1 tarball for testing
> > I think you may have forgotten to
> > git add denemo_file_update.sh
>
> No. Its in the stable-0.9.4 branch and should be in the tarball. I have
> not had time to test the tarball yet.
>
> > as I don't see anything in git about it.
> Thats because its in the 0.9.4 branch.
ah, I see
> Do you want it in master? I
> though only 0.9.4 would be the transitional release.
yes, that's fine, it won't be useful after 0.9.4, indeed it would be
confusing.

> > The other problem, libporttime, I don't know about...
> I am confused. Maybe lack of sleep. What are you referring to?
I was referring to the problem reported by Sebastian (see below) which
evidently didn't get sent to the m/l. I would guess that pkg-config
reports -lporttime for libportmidi, and (judging from what he says) that
it is not actually required by any call we make to libportmidi, and so
he was able to delete it from configure and get a build.
If that is right, I don't know if there is anything we can do about it.
The user would need to set PORTMIDI_LIBS themselves (or whatever it is
called) to stop pkg-config trying to do the job.

Richard