Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI in

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI in
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:52:01 -0500

On 03/12/2012 04:31 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
There is a problem with MIDI in - even if the user has no MIDI
controller we connect to the Alsa midi thru, which means that the test
to decide if the user has a midi controller connected fails.

I assume that you are using some sort of test that checks if the file /dev/midi is NULL or not. Is that correct? Maybe we can check that only on the case of using OSS midi. Perhaps we can just put a button in preferences to check if chosen device file is NULL? What do you think?

Jeremiah

At the momement, users have to set a pref (startmidiin) to indicate they
want to do that.
I am not sure how to fix this.