Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI in

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI in
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:11:02 +0000

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 08:52 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 03/12/2012 04:31 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > There is a problem with MIDI in - even if the user has no MIDI
> > controller we connect to the Alsa midi thru, which means that the test
> > to decide if the user has a midi controller connected fails.
>
> I assume that you are using some sort of test
It is all being done inside libraries, in this case portmidi. I have put
a check for if the user hasn't set a specific MIDI controller, which
will be ok I think.
This leaving it up to libraries has a real down-side. The portaudio
outrageously exits if you turn off the MIDI controller and try to do
something. And to add insult to injury, it waits on stdin first, so you
can't even trap the onexit() and cope with the situation. So I have
stopped you switching to MIDI with unsaved data in case it does this.
BTW das reported that the second-time-no-playback bug is still present.
I can't get it to happen, so I can't debug it.
Richard