Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows git snapshot

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows git snapshot
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:24:06 +0100

There is another problem (I didn't notice because of the .png problem)
that is denemo.ttf is not being used. The symptom is that the Note/Rest
Entry bar has none of the denemo.ttf glyphs, and the Insert Duration
(etc) menus labels are not found.
The feta font *is* being found - this is shown by putting a standalone
directive with
(d-Directive-standalone-graphic "test" "
feta26")
which puts a back to front flat sign into the Denemo display (this is
the character A in feta26).

This again sounds like an old story - how it was resolved I am not sure.
I am testing on a machine where denemo.ttf is already installed in the
Windows/Fonts directory. The installation *has* placed it in the Program
Files\Denemo\usr\share\fonts\truetype directory correctly, along with
the feta26 font.
I get various strange effects when trying to use the Denemo font as a
graphic for a standalone directive. Not sure what is going on.
I notice in view.c there is this code

//#ifndef G_OS_WIN32
  if(Denemo.prefs.fontspec->len) {
    GtkSettings *settings = gtk_settings_get_default( );
    gtk_settings_set_string_property(settings, "gtk-font-name" ,
Denemo.prefs.fontspec->str, "denemo");
  }
//#endif

I have a hazy recollection that the #ifndef here was never actually
tested out, I think I wrote it, commenting it out at the time, expecting
it might be needed but it wasn't.

Looking at this some more - I see that in fact not all the glyphs are
absent - the whole note rest *is* present on the Note/Rest Entry
toolbar, and indeed in the Insert Rest menu it is present as well. So it
is finding the whole-note-rest glyph.
That is very weird. The other one that seems to be present is the 128th
or 256th note (the last one we have, I can't remember the number), (the
glyph for that isn't correct - that is true in our GNU/Linux version
too, and the shortest possible rest also has a wrong glyph - looks like
a dot - in all versions).

So we have most glyphs not found from the Denemo font.

That could take some debugging!

Richard