Re: [Denemo-devel] Translation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Translation
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:10:22 +0100

Jeremiah,

I generated an en_GB.po file using poedit, and managed to build it so
the translations are working, including the non-ascii characters.
I am not sure how the corresponding en_GB.mo file was generated (by
Denemo's make system or by poedit?), but I had to rename it en_GB.gmo
for Denemo's install to find it (so I suspect poedit created it).
Anyway, after building this, the translated strings appear when it is
run.
When you are able to get to it, can you let me know if other
translations are working, or whether we have to tell gettext to use the
utf8 codeset? I am still far from clear how you set about doing a
translation.
I'll work on making the built-ins generate translatable labels now (I
thing they did this until the introduction of the non-ascii musical
symbols).

Richard