Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows git snapshot

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows git snapshot
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:34:02 +0100

Looking at the portmidi site it seems that they only build for windows
using Microsoft's compiler.
It might be simpler to revert to our old code for MIDI in on windows - I
don't recall how it worked, or why, but it did and it must have been
something pretty simple. Unlike playback MIDI in works ok done without
threads. Just a thought... if it is any encouragement, I turned audio-in
back on just by commenting out the stubs that Dominic had created - it
is another serial input thing, and it works just fine, quite remarkable
considering it is using the portaudio library at the same time as the
playback routines are!

Richard