[Denemo-devel] [bug #36902] 0.9.5 rc1 Windows Temporary Folder

From: John Beattie
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #36902] 0.9.5 rc1 Windows Temporary Folder
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:36:31 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

This one is more of an issue rather than a bug.
The temporary folder on Windows has moved to
<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\DenemoXXXXXXXX where XXXXXXX appears to be some
random number (some positive, others negative and between 8 & 10 digits seen
so far).
While this is probably a more correct place to put temporary data than the old
.denemo folder, it is much harder to find. That shouldn't be an issue if the
data truly was temporary but ...

a) Data is not deleted at end of session so it builds up.

b) When things go wrong, I find that the best way to find the problem is to go
to the temporary folder and double click on the denemoprint.ly file to pass it
through lilypond directly. That generates a log file that usually shows where
problem is. Then I usually have to look at .ly file with something that has
line numbers before I can work out where the fault is in denemo. At the moment
denemo is still a bit deficient in the area of finding faults but CheckScore
looks like a step in the right direction. Perhaps when CheckScore gives more
information about what the problem is rather than just where it is, then the
.ly file can be treated as a truly temporary file.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36902>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/