Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows git snapshot

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows git snapshot
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:47:06 -0500

On 07/22/2012 03:14 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sun, 2012-07-22 at 07:02 +0200, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
I tried to create a new .exe but got this error:
keyboard.o: In function `load_xml_keymap':
/home/jjbenham/src/gub/target/mingw/src/denemo-git.savannah.gnu.org--denemo.git-master/src/keyboard.c:507:
 undefined reference to `_install_commands'
The function install_commands() is provided by the file commands.c this
would likely mean that the Makefile it is using is old (autogen.sh
needed before generating the tar.gz that gub uses?)
The last time you built for windows this file was not there I think.

I have checked that commands.c is present in gub provides the needed
function (one thing you may notice is that the function is referred to
with a leading underscore _install_commands rather than
install_commands, I suspect this is just a naming convention - it is
quite a common one).
I am currently three commits ahead of master, so I can't directly test
the building of master, but I am confident it is ok (test on Linux if in
doubt). The commits I am waiting to push are to drop the generation of
icons for menu items, as (at least on my installation) they are not
showing anyway - see previous email - I need folk to confirm that they
are not seeing an icon on the Directives->Add Rehearsal/Bookmark item.
It could be just a bug in gtk-2, in which case we should keep the code
active.

There are a couple of other things that we should sort out before
release - one is the short cuts for those not using a MIDI controller.
Can someone please say what they use/would-want-to-use for entering
music entirely via pc-keyboard? Does anyone know what well-known
programs use? I could arrange that if MIDI keyboard is not connected (or
configured?) that the key-shortcuts are set appropriately.
The other thing is MIDI instrument list - I'll look to see if the set of
instruments in the soundfont we supply can be given in the (currently
empty) drop down list.

Richard

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [denemo.exe] Error 1