[Denemo-devel] [bug #36928] Print Transpose doesn't work properly on mul

From: John Beattie
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #36928] Print Transpose doesn't work properly on multi voice parts.
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:23:24 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #36928 (project denemo):

Glad you pointed me in the direction of Score Layout. I had looked at it
briefly before then dismissed it. I avoided using custom layouts in the past
because they were a pain to manage but this looks like it might be useful.
There are a couple of GUI/usability issues which I will raise separately.

However, for the transposition, this had the same effect as before i.e. only
the first voice was transposed.

Just to make sure I haven't made a mistake, this is what I did with Score
Layout:
1) Create new layout containing only the staff I was interested in.
2) Expanded Voices section and Initial Signatures.
3) Changed clef to Treble.
4) Looked around for somewhere to put transpose. Only place was staff
directive which was already set to correct place. Nowhere to specify on the
voices.

Looking at Lilypond we have:

%Start of Staff
new Staff = "Euphonium 1"  << transpose bes c''
 new Voice = "VoiceIIMvmntI"  {
  clef bass
{ key ees major}
{ time 2/4 }
 MvmntIVoiceII                } %End of voice
 new Voice = "VoiceIIIMvmntI"  {
  MvmntIVoiceIII                } %End of voice

%End of Staff

To me, the scope of the transpose is both voices so do we have a fault in
Lilypond? Or should the transpose be in the voices rather than the staff? Note
that clef, key & time are in voice though Score Layout only lets them be
specified once implying that they refer to Staff.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36928>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/