[Denemo-devel] [bug #36975] Right clicking to edit objects in 0.9.5

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #36975] Right clicking to edit objects in 0.9.5
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 13:34:25 +0000

Update of bug #36975 (project denemo):

Follow-up Comment #1:

When the cursor is on a standalone Denemo Directive and you right click the
EditObject command is invoked. What this does depends on the directives tag
field.
If the tag is the name of a file actions/editscripts/<tag>.scm then the scheme
in that file is executed.
If the tag is the name of a command then that command is invoked. Typically a
script will look to see if the cursor is on an object that it created and do
something useful in that case.
There is some further behavior depending on an override bit, which when set
causes a text editor to be run.
Failing these, the low-level directive edit is launched (which should never be
the case with user-facing objects, but we are still early days :)

Buttons created on the title bar are given a scheme script to run when clicked
(I don't recall if there is some default behavior for the case where no script
is attached). So what these buttons do is entirely controlled by the command
that created them. You can see examples of this in the new commands in the
InputMenu->Mouse menu.

The areas around the start of the staff in the display have been made
sensitive (they are just areas in the display, not widgets) and can be used to
run clef, keysig & timesig commands, as well as editing staff and voice
directives when these are present. It was the latter that was misbehaving.

The script for Multi-measure rests may well need revising to do sensible
things when the objects it creates are right-clickd. Whether a script picks up
on a previous value set is again up to the script concerned. We need to move
all scripts to adopt a consistent, useful and memorable pattern of behavior.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36975>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/