Re: [Denemo-devel] tablature status (August 2012)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] tablature status (August 2012)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:43:13 +0200

Il 08/08/2012 16:43, Richard Shann ha scritto:
On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 10:34 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
Il 08/08/2012 09:51, Richard Shann ha scritto:
Well, with the versions up until 0.9.4 you would have gotten the
last
bit of the file, the \score {} blocks in bold, and also any Denemo
directives like rehearsal marks, repeats, trills etc. These are
editable
with the edits affecting the score (so there is a synchronization
between the LilyPond view and the Denemo display, quite hairy
really,
though I have never managed to catch it out).
With the new score layout stuff only the stuff inside the music is
editable there, the non-music stuff is editable in the score layout
window.

I would prefer to change the \score block in the LilyPond view (it's
easier).
Well it is the same as doing convert to LilyPond and then editing it in
the score layout view.

Perfect: that's what I want

(Apart from a bug on my system where the editor is not showing the text
cursor - if you can see the text cursor in the score layout view
LilyPond I would be interested to know that)

No, I can't see any text cursor: I must "guess" it and click often.
It would be nice to have it fixed, because this is a really nice feature.

Anyway, I can change the \score block in the score layout window,
click
on typeset and see the changes applied correctly. But when I close
the
window my changes are not saved: if I click on View>LilyPond I see
the
old \score block.

I'm missing something?

Either:
         the score allowed you to quit with the changes not saved, that is you
can change a score layout and the score fails to become unsaved (I think
I fixed all cases of this, please report if not)
Or:
         it is opening with the default layout as the selected layout, not the
one you customized. I think my intention was that the last selected
layout should be selected when re-opening a score (so that hitting print
without looking at the score layout view will print the last selected
layout). If not, you have to select this layout - note that when you
re-open a score the custom layout becomes pure LilyPond, the GUI is not
saved.

It's the latter.
Now I understand: if you use File>Export as>PDF, the default layout will be automatically used. If you want to print a customized layout, you must use View>Score layout, choose the custom layout and click Typeset. Then print to PDF.

Anyway, I can see that the main view in Denemo doesn't reflect the changes.
Even if I do a simple change in View>Lilypond, such as:
\set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-numbers

The PDF is correct but Denemo keeps showing the letter instead of box number.