Re: [Denemo-devel] The 0.9.6 release (was Re: Static Linking (was Re: ta

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The 0.9.6 release (was Re: Static Linking (was Re: tablature status (August 2012)))
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 07:44:57 -0500

On 08/27/2012 03:19 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
I was looking at the gtk-2 docs about building and installing gtk and
notice this bit:
       LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/gtk/lib"
       PATH="/opt/gtk/bin:$PATH"
       export LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH
the implication is that PATH should also be augmented by something from
your installed directory so it can find gtk utilities - this may account
for the pango modules message etc....
RichardI was looking at the gtk-2 docs about building and installing gtk and
notice this bit:
       LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/gtk/lib"
       PATH="/opt/gtk/bin:$PATH"
       export LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH
the implication is that PATH should also be augmented by something from
your installed directory so it can find gtk utilities - this may account
for the pango modules message etc....
Richard

I was reading about these issues and it seems that the library path of evince can be set at compile time (unless I patch the source to accept environment variables). I am thinking what I would need to do is compile both evince and pango and make their --prefix=~/denemo-0.9.6 (hopefully binreloc works here). Another option would be to patch the source. This seems to be only an issue with systems build largely on GTK3. I tested out my creation on a system that still uses GTK2 and everything worked as compiled.