Re: [Denemo-devel] The 0.9.6 release (was Re: Static Linking (was Re: ta

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The 0.9.6 release (was Re: Static Linking (was Re: tablature status (August 2012)))
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:27:28 +0100

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 07:44 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 08/27/2012 03:19 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I was looking at the gtk-2 docs about building and installing gtk and
> > notice this bit:
> >        LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/gtk/lib"
> >        PATH="/opt/gtk/bin:$PATH"
> >        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH
> > the implication is that PATH should also be augmented by something from
> > your installed directory so it can find gtk utilities - this may account
> > for the pango modules message etc....
> > RichardI was looking at the gtk-2 docs about building and installing gtk and
> > notice this bit:
> >        LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/gtk/lib"
> >        PATH="/opt/gtk/bin:$PATH"
> >        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH
> > the implication is that PATH should also be augmented by something from
> > your installed directory so it can find gtk utilities - this may account
> > for the pango modules message etc....
> > Richard
>
> I was reading about these issues and it seems that the library path of
> evince can be set at compile
?? do you mean run time? I guess you have this page
http://developer.gnome.org/libevview/2.32/index.html
I found the folk at irc #evince (or is it libevince) very helpful when
getting the widget working.

>  time (unless I patch the source to accept
> environment variables). I am thinking what I would need to do is compile
> both evince and pango and make their --prefix=~/denemo-0.9.6

How does this work (IIRC --prefix requires an absolute path)

> (hopefully
> binreloc works here). Another option would be to patch the source. This
> seems to be only an issue with systems build largely on GTK3.
hmm, may be worth asking the evince lib developers on #irc about this.
My communication channels will get a bit flaky over the next few
days ... but we need to wait the translators anyway.

Richard