[Denemo-devel] static build for linux

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] static build for linux
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 19:16:16 +0100

Jeremiah,

I just tried out the Download link on the LilyPond site. It downloads an
installer that installs into the user directory - no package management,
no root privileges etc - it includes the stuff such as guile that it
needs, setting the GUILE_LOAD_PATH via a startup script. The startup
scripts are installed into a directory (called bin) in the user's home
directory, while the binary stuff is installed in ~/lilypond (containing
usr usr/bin usr/etc etc).
Perhaps this isn't news to you - I guess it shouldn't be to me, either;
that is what gub is for. But it seems to me that if you have succeeded
in building via gub for windows then you should be able to get gub to
build one of these installers for linux.