Re: [Denemo-devel] Manual

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Manual
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 17:40:41 +0100

On Sun, 2012-10-21 at 10:26 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

> Richard:
>
> I am trying to get the manual, but "
> http://old.denemo.org/doc/denemo-manual.html " does not work.
> Is there a manual?
Yes the manual is still being included in releases, but it hasn't been
updated for the last release or so, the docbook command that generates
it has stopped working. I see that the link is the one that is given on
the website. I'll post this to the mailing list in case that can be
fixed.

Denemo has been transformed quite a bit over the last releases, and the
manual is proving costly to maintain - instead I am writing tooltips for
every widget which do a lot of the work. Under the help is an option to
turn "Excessive Tooltips" on which gives an overview of the workings of
the main windows as well (they are excessive because you won't want them
popping up once you are using those windows regularly).

The file
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/denemo.git/snapshot/denemo-master.tar.gz
has the latest source code and the manual is in the doc directory of
that archive, named denemo-manual.html.

HTH