[Denemo-devel] Animated shifts of the viewport.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Animated shifts of the viewport.
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 09:14:41 +0000

A long standing infelicity in Denemo is that the when the cursor is
about to go off-screen the current measure moves instantly to center
screen, leaving the beginner perplexed as to what has happened and the
experienced user taking a moment to adjust to where the cursor now is.
I have fixed this now by animating the transition. This is in git - it
should be possible to tweak the effect a bit, and at least there should
be preferences to control it.
I have at the same time turned off the repeated re-calculation that is
done after *every* keyboard initiated command; I attempted this before
and found some circumstances where the re-calculation was needed but
could not nail them down. Please report if you come across a case of the
display placing things wrongly in the bar, correcting itself on cursor
move or some such.