[Denemo-devel] Sudden drop in volume when listening to the MIDI in

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Sudden drop in volume when listening to the MIDI in
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:08:09 +0000

When setting the CapsLock on and playing the MIDI keyboard the notes are
routed to the audio output via the synthesiser.
I have noted that after a short while playing notes the volume suddenly
drops. I have traced this and it happens between our call to
fluidsynth_feed_midi(event_data, event_length) and the call to
fluidsynth_render_audio(frames_per_buffer, buffers[0], buffers[1]) just
after. The first call has normal parameters, but the buffers get filled
by the synthesiser with much quieter samples when the bug happens.

Does anyone else hear this effect?
To test, start Denemo, set the CapsLock on and play into MIDI (it is
easiest to notice if you play at an even volume, or set the preference
to compress the volume differences, although it is very conspicuous in
any case).