[Denemo-devel] 0.9.7 bugs(?)

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.7 bugs(?)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 07:41:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi. I just built 0.9.7 from source.

(1) Still margin problems. Insufficient margin padding at the top.  Top markings
are partially cut off and sometimes unreadable.

(2) tuplets are (still) a pain in the rump.  Why isn't there a "delete tuplet"
command, in the tuplet commands menu? When you introduce tuplet markings they
begin to impose themselves and become unruly -- I can't (highlight &) delete
them, with backspace or delete key. I can only cursor all the way to the end and
backspace to obliterate EVERYTHING (not just tuplet markings).

(3) Note insertion(!): In 0.9.3 I could insert a note between two existing note.
 In 0.9.7 I can't insert a note between two notes anymore.  The cursor seems to
be assigned to and stuck to an existing note; note-typing alters the existing
note, but doesn't insert a new one.

(4) I can's manage measure divisions.  I occasionally want to delete a measure
division, between measure X and measure Y, so that the notes currently sitting
in both become part of the same measure.  Denemo is annoyingly resistant to this
seemingly simple (not-too-much-to-ask) feature.  It should be simple to
group/merge notes in measure X with the subsequent measure Y, but so far my only
"solution" has been to delete the entire measure Y, backspace to X and retype
all the notes, and better be darn sure to mentally/manually pre-calculate all my
durations correctly, as I type -- or else...

(4) Switching modes: Switching modes is, like, a huge thing... Like, one of the
most powerful denemo features.  Yet, it remains unintuitive and mysterious
still... if there is a way to switch modes in mid-flight (in the same session)
it's completely not obvious how to do that... Shouldn't it be a
straight-forward, in-your-face menu option?  I can't figure out how, and I'm not
exactly a new comer.

Thanks.  Excuse the rant.  It DOES stem from my love of denemo and all the great
potential it has to offer -- but sometimes it's like not being able to quench
your (deep) thirst, with a glass of lemonaid sitting on the kitchen table,
behind a locked door, to which someone simply absent-mindedly forgot to give you
the key.