Re: [Denemo-devel] more of "Immediate Playback"

From: rshann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] more of "Immediate Playback"
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 15:04:56 +0000

Actually, ANY transposing or pitch editing. The "i" and "k" for me are "tonal
step up" and "tonal step down"
but I'd also like to hear the note on "half tone up" and "half tone down"
change.  Or any pitch other change.

Hmm, Denemo does re-sound a note when, for example, you sharpen it.
This was partly why the command to sharpen the upcoming note was created. Generally people don't want to hear an F-natural sounding before they turn it to F-sharp, because it is out of the key they are composing in - it jars. But Denemo has no way of guessing that, so the SharpenNext (or whatever it is called) command was created which waits for the next note and then sharpens it before inserting & sounding the note in one action. This took no small engineering
 effort, so I remember it well!

So, I am not quite sure what it is you are working with, but for the longest of whiles Denemo has been sounding every edit made to a chord by playing the entire chord at the cursor (and this includes the
special case of one note chords).