Re: [Denemo-devel] more of "Immediate Playback"

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] more of "Immediate Playback"
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 09:19:34 +0000

On Sat, 2012-11-24 at 16:44 -0500, Bric wrote:

> On November 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2012-11-24 at 10:42 -0500, Bric wrote:
> > > Just missing a few conditionals ("if" statements), right?
> > I think you were thinking of "if immediate_playback ..."
> > yes, that should be there I guess. The preferences are available in
> > scheme (d-GetBooleanPref "immediateplayback") gets the relevant
> > preference, so
> >
> > (if (d-GetBooleanPref "immediateplayback")
> >    (d-Play-whatever it was))
> >
> > will do the trick.
>

> Thank you.  Though I still have no idea which file to put it into.

You don't have to, you can do it all with Denemo. Right click a command
choose Get Script, and make the scheme window visible (check the last
option or use the View->Scheme checkbox). There is the script for
editing.
When you have finished editing it, right click again on the menu item
you edited and choose Save Script.

(So: Get Script gets the script into the scheme window, and Save Script
saves what is in the scheme window as a new version of the command. You
can use Save as New Menu Item to create a new command using your edited
version, then you will be asked to invent a new name for the command
etc).

This version then becomes your own customised version of that command.
It is stored in .denemo-xxx/actions/menus/... in an xml file, and should
be loaded in preference to the system installed one. (I say should,
because I am not sure this stuff has been tested since
internationalization which has introduced another layer ... please
report any difficulties).