Re: [Denemo-devel] Docbook & the manual (was Re: make dist failure)

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Docbook & the manual (was Re: make dist failure)
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 07:42:06 -0600

On 01/01/13 03:42, Richard Shann wrote:
Video of the program in action would probably be more effective than a
manual. Are there any DVD-recorders that can take the VGA or DVI output
of a computer and create DVDs or .ogg files I wonder? Nils did something
in software but he struggled to get it working.

I remember he was looking for something that would record from the x11 buffer but was also jack capable so that he could capture the sounds coming from denemo itself. I am will probably take a different approach by recording the audio of denemo in another program and layer denemo's audio into the mix of a multitracker. It should be a matter of lining it up so that they are sync. I don't know if it would be useful to create dvd's but I will definitely create an .ogg and upload it to youtube or something.

Jeremiah

Some actual camera
footage of rapidly entering the rhythmic structure of a piece via
numeric keypad and then playing over with a MIDI keyboard would be
needed in addition, but that is relatively straight forward.