Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI note input by rhythm?

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI note input by rhythm?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:07:09 +0000

Hi Richard,

Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:
> I wrote the email (below) with only a short while to consider what it
> was you wanted to do. Afterwards, I started to wonder...
> Is it the case that you want to create a performance by inputting the
> notes first (slowly and out-of-time because of the difficulty of playing
> the piece) and then add the rhythm by tapping (avoiding the difficulty
> of finding the notes at the speed desired)?

yes, that's what I want. Having it incorporated in a notation editor
would be great..

In the meantime, I experimented with PureData, and I got a
proof-of-concept little program. A little demo can be seen in:
https://vimeo.com/57762697 (in the first step I enter the pitches, and
in the second step I just press any keys and the output is the
combination of the notes from the first step plus the durations and
velocities from the second step).

Some more explanation is in:
http://angel-de-vicente.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/adding-dynamics-to-midi-files.html

If you could incorporate this into Denemo, I think it would make a
difference with respect to other notation editors. At least for me this
is a much easier way to get decent sounding MIDI stuff in the computer
that the other methods I have tried.

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente