Re: [Denemo-devel] The 1.0 release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The 1.0 release
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:29:46 +0000

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 11:00 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> denemo-1.0.0.~rc.7-5.mingw.exe
>
> I am hoping portmidi works now for this windows build.

I have installed this on another (ancient) windows xp box. It crashes
during startup, and as the last message is about trying to set the
denemo.png icon which is not installed I have commented out that code in
the windows build.
While doing this I noticed that there is an entire directory of pixmaps
which are no longer used by Denemo, but on windows are being installed
into usr/share/denemo/pixmaps (on GNU/Linux they are not installed at
all). I guess we should get rid of all this, but I don't want to change
too much right now. Can you re-create the Windows installer, so that I
can see if this is the cause of the crash on the old xp box?

About this windows build (and the linux one) are they all being done by
you from the master branch, not the specialized branches? (I am
wondering if I could git pull from your gub and try to build it
myself...).

Despite the crash on startup I can see that it has portmidi installed
and tries to open the MIDI controller, but fails to see it; almost
certainly then, we will need to tell people to install PmDefaults,
(which is a pain as it requires installing Java, which then constantly
badgers you to update it, but then, that's life under windows :)