[Denemo-devel] Building 1.0 for windows

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Building 1.0 for windows
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:47:12 +0000

I wonder how we should proceed with release 1.0.
The builds that I have done from gub for windows all issue warnings
about fonts and on at least one xp machine I have tested they crash.
One approach would be to review how things are being built for windows -
I came across this site which details building stuff for mingw

http://ingar.satgnu.net/devenv/mingw32/gtk.html

In particular it lists
cd fontconfig-2.9.0 && ./configure --prefix=$LOCALDESTDIR
--enable-libxml2 --disable-docs
for building fontconfig, which does not appear remarkable; I wonder if
we have a correct fonts.conf and so on in /etc...

Another would be to put the release out and our best binary build for
windows (& others) and await feedback, issuing fresh binaries if people
find better ways of building the sources.

Jeremiah - I have lost track of the status of the build of a binary for
GNU/Linux distributions - do you have something that is a good candidate
for release?

Before release I will make a final pass through all the stuff like the
manual and the language stuff.