Re: [Denemo-devel] New mingw branch

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] New mingw branch
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 14:58:11 -0600

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-03-02 at 10:59 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Have you tried doing a
> find target/mingw -name 'portmidi.h'
> This will confirm that it is installed.
That's just it, I did
~/gub$ find . -name "portmidi.h"
with no matches. And yet I started with a rm -rf target and then  make
denemo, all this after creating a new branch from your mingw branch and
doing git pull.

>  You can always --disable-portmidi for now in order to work on nsis.
That's a good idea.

I am guessing what caused this is that you had an old portmidi-218.zip (or whatever it is called). I think I will rename it to 218.1 or something so that gub will rebuild it (hopefully). I suppose I should not updated these files and call them the same name.

>  I just installed denemo-rc10 (from my gub directory) on a computer
> runnimg windows xp pro. It installed and ran fine. It seemed to not
> respond after I chose to exit without saving.
Yes, that is the portmidi hanging waiting for you to press Enter at the
console.

Ok. Is there a way to stop it. I thought we just had to turn off the debuging CFLAG.
> having to mouse or cursor down to the note and then hitting 1. It
> still fails the wine test. Win32 is our most portable solution if its
> working in wine. This is because both mac and linux have wine.
I've never tried wine ... Is it fast enough?

Yes. It is near native speed. In most systems I don't think the difference will be noticed.